Panama Railroad Line's CRISTOBAL of 1939; she was the third and final vessel in a class of ships built for Government service between New York and the Panama Canal zone.
Designed in a joint effort by George Sharp and Raymond Loewy, their interiors were streamlined modern Deco.
These vessels carried supplies and 202 all-First Class passengers; they were the closest thing to colonial liners that the US ever had. CRISTOBAL served as a troop transport in WWII, returning to commercial service in 1946. In 1962 their home port was moved from New York New Orleans; CRISTOBAL was scrapped in 1981.