The Australian Hospital Ship HMAHS KANOWNA in Farm Cove during World War One.
Built in 1903 for the Australian United Steam Navigation Co. KANOWNA was a popular passenger ship on the Australian coastal routes until requisitioned by the Government early in WWI. She served initially as a Troop Ship then later a Hospital Ship operating between Australia and England.
Following the war KANOWNA resumed her passenger role until February 1929 when she struck rocks off Wilson’s Promontory, where her wreck still lies.
Source: Australian Maritime History